Invisible braces, as the name suggests, are an invisible tool to correct and improve the alignment of your teeth. Perfectly aligned and white teeth behind the lips allow for an attractive smile. But many people do not have perfectly aligned teeth. They benefit immensely from these invisible braces. How these braces improve your smile is explained in the paragraphs below.
How invisible braces improve your smile
These braces are made after a 3D mapping of your mouth. A time frame is determined which will be required to correct the position of the non aligned teeth. Then a set of braces are prepared, each for a period of about two weeks. When fixed over the teeth, the braces force the teeth into the new pattern making them look well placed.
The procedure followed is the same as the normal metal braces. However metal braces can mar the looks of the person. Moreover they can cause injury to the teeth and the gums leading to infection. As against this, invisible braces are made of highly transparent but strong material. They can be worn tightly over you teeth for long periods. You must remove them while eating and brushing. They can also be greased well to avoid scratches and chipping of the teeth. Since they remain invisible they are hardly noticed and do not interfere with the natural looks of the wearer.
A set of braces are prepared for a particular time frame. Each piece is worn for a particular period and then replaced by the next in series. The next sets of braces are designed to further align the teeth. This procedure slowly moves the teeth into the right position. Once the teeth are aligned properly, you have a better smile than before.
Advantages of invisible braces that help improve your smile
* There is little pain while wearing the braces, so they do not affect your smile. They can be slid easily over the gum. If sores develop, then wax can be applied to prevent them.
* Unlike the metal braces, they do not cause allergies, cuts and infections. Thus they are the best cosmetic fit to align your teeth and improve your smile.
* Oral hygiene is easy to maintain with these invisible braces as they can be removed easily for washing. This prevents accumulation of plaque which can affect your teeth and your smile.
* The problems of tooth injury and decay are reduced as there are no cuts. This help in maintaining the health of the teeth. Healthy teeth are good for your smile.
* The teeth can be flossed, brushed and cleaned with a thread normally allowing for better looking teeth. This only improves your smile.
* When you do not need them, they can be easily removed. This is very important to maintain the natural look of your teeth.
* The problem of cross biting can be corrected smoothly by using invisible braces. Moreover there is greater level of comfort with these braces compared to metal braces.
* The problem of muscle soreness that happens with some types of braces is much lesser with invisible braces. When your muscles are normal, you smile naturally without any difficulty.
Over a period of time, these invisible braces improve the arrangement of mal-aligned teeth to give you better looking teeth and smile. But the best part is that all this is done without the use of ugly looking metallic braces. The dentist can plan your treatment according to your comfort and order braces that suit your teeth.