Get Rid of Pimples
There are several home and medicinal remedies to get rid of pimples. Given below in the paragraphs are details of these remedies and how to use them to reduce pimples.
I Medical remedies to get rid of pimples
There are several acids that are used to dry out and clear pimples from the skin. These include salicylic acid, benzoyl peroxide or mandelic acid to disinfect the pimple and reduce it. They can be used in several ways. They are explained below.
1. Wash your face with warm water to clear your face of bacteria. Use your fingers to spread the soap or cleanser over the affected area and remove all microorganisms there. Then dry your face by dabbing a soft towel over it. Do not wipe your face with the towel. Let the skin feel moist.
A) If the pimple is deep and is painful then apply benzoyl peroxide. This will get absorbed in the skin and will kill the bacteria trapped inside the pimple.
B) If the pimple is a superficial structure then apply mandelic acid. This will kill the acne causing Propionibacterium Acnes bacteria that also cause pimples.
C) If the pimple is acne then apply a little of salicylic acid to disinfect the skin and prevent the spread of acne or pimple.
Note: Before you start using these strong acids, make sure that you are not allergic to them. To test for an allergic reaction, apply a little of these acids to your underarms or the back of the ear. If you do not feel uncomfortable or develop signs of allergy, then you can use these safely.
Get Rid of Pimples
2. Apply pimple reducing creams which contain isotretinoin. You must wash your face thoroughly with soap or cleanser before applying these creams. Choose a period of little activity like watching television or reading a book or sleeping to avoid accidentally wiping off the cream or scratching your skin. Let it get absorbed in the skin for the best effect. Earlier, medicines that contained antibiotics were used to disinfect the pimples, but these have long since been declared as ineffective.
II Home remedies to get rid of pimples
Several items and food products used in our homes can be used effectively to eliminate pimples. Here are some of them.
1. Hot water compress – Wash your face with hot water, scrubbing it gently with a scrubber and a good soap or cleanser. Then soak a piece of tissue paper or soft cloth in hot water and apply it on the pimple. Keep it there till the water drains or cools down. Repeat the process for half an hour. The idea is to make the pimple bulge by allowing it to absorb as much water it can. When done, puncture the pimple and squeeze from the sides to push out the pus and the dead matter. When all the pus has been squeezed out, close the broken skin, wipe it clean and apply benzoyl peroxide over it. This will disinfect the skin and the cyst. Later you can reapply the benzoyl peroxide to make sure that the wound is completely disinfected. This remedy will show positive results in a couple or more days and you will soon get rid of your pimples.
Note: This method works best in surface layer pimple, which are easy to pop and drain the pus.
2. Cold compress – This method is useful in deep pimples that do not have a whitehead. Prepare a miniature ice pack by wrapping an aluminum foil around an ice cube. Or you can use a plastic bag containing ice. Wash the face with a good soap or cleanser. This is to ensure that the surface sebum (oil) and bacteria are removed from the skin. Wipe your face dry. Then apply the ice pack on the pimple. Hold for about ten minutes. If you can’t hold it that long then apply the pack for as long as you can tolerate.
3. Lemon juice – The raw juice of a lemon contains a pretty strong citric acid. But what is really helpful is that it has a low pH value which makes it highly anti-bacterial. Apply fresh lemon juice on the pimple at night before you go to bed. Do not scratch if it tinges. Let it dry. Overnight the effect of the lemon will reduce the inflammation of the pimple. Repeated applications will slowly dry out the pimple and disinfect it in a couple or more days.
4. Honey mix – Mix a little honey with cinnamon to apply on the pimple at bed time. Resist the tendency to scratch as honey is sticky and may irritate the skin as it dries. Wash off the mixture in the morning. It disinfects the pimple and the surrounding areas preventing the spread and ultimately drying out the pimple. It will also make the skin supple.
5. Lavender oil – The anti-bacterial properties of lavender oil make it a nice candidate for the treatment of pimples. Apply a little oil at bed time over the pimple. By morning the skin will be smooth and will feel fresh. Repeated application of lavender oil will reduce the pimple in size and also prevent its spread.
6. Toothpaste – This is one of the discoveries that amazes those who suffer from pimples. Simply apply a little toothpaste over the pimple and let it dry during the night. Wash off the paste in the morning. The pimple will be reduced in size as it becomes dry.
7. Egg skin – The inner skin in the egg is a healthy natural alternative to skin creams if you want to get rid of pimple by dermabraison. Applying it during bedtime will cause the pimples to dry out and diminish by morning.
These are some of the easiest and the best remedies to get rid of pimples. They can be prepared in the comfort and safely of your home and can have a lasting effect.